Re: my worry about the recent libxml change

On 23 Mar 2001, Dan Winship wrote:

> > * When saving xml files, locale's charset name should be saved in xml header.
>
> But this doesn't deal with .oaf files, which have descriptions in
> multiple encodings.

 I think it doesn't matter - .oaf files are not modified after they are
installed, so we can ship them in the form we want with headers we want (no
encoding in headers in case of .oaf), so the scheme proposed will work fine
IMO. And the strings of course should be in locale's encoding in .oaf files.

> -- Dan

 Best regards,
  -Vlad