Redhat specifics [gnome-core/gsm]

Heya,
Kjartan made me aware of a problem in gnome-session regarding something that
was marked as a RH specific patch in the logout code [gnome-core/gsm/logout.c]
which would give the user an option of being able to logout, halt or reboot
the machine.

>From what I can gather [from my own machine], /usr/bin/shutdown is a shell
script that calls either halt or reboot....But seemingly /usr/bin/shutdown
doesn't exist on some RH dists (7.1?), causing a non-appearance of this dialog
which some people are missing. I'd change the code to /sbin/shutdown but I'm
not sure if the consequences of this action are a good idea.

Anyone from RH know the suituation of this problem? I suspect that maybe this
effects other distros as well. Maybe something universal could be hacked
together?

			See ya,
				Glynn ;)