GNOME hosting

Just to let everyone know, we (Red Hat) have looked at the various
costs associated with up'ing the bandwidth for the GNOME servers and
have decided to stay in the current co-location facility. We are going
to a higher bandwidth package and we should all see the benefits of
this move sometime in the next few hours.

I personally think that having this problem is a testament to GNOME's
success in the last year. The traffic we are pushing has grown
steadily and the fact that we had to re-do the RH hosting budget for
GNOME only shows us the fruits of our collective labor.

So congratulations and enjoy the new speed.

Cheers,

Dave

P.S. while we are at it - why don't we clean up ftp.gnome.org some,
there is a high volume of cruft in there, I know, some of it is mine.
--

David Mason
Red Hat Advanced Development Labs