Re: gdk-pixbuf dependency in gnome-libs

On  4 Mar, Havoc Pennington wrote:

>>  Also is there any particular reason why we still have zvt in
>>  gnome-libs?

> We can't do that stuff in the stable branch. These kind of things have
> to be done in the unstable branch (GNOME 2).

 I agree that API changes like removing Imlib from gnome-libs have
 to be planned and done in a wide timewindow however marking it
 deprecated and introducing better and renewed interfaces should
 be done as early as possible. A major release would have been the
 right point because developers will use it as base for the next
 version of their programs because the interfaces are widespread then.

 But why do we still have zvt in gnome-libs. It's neither a programming
 interface nor are the gnome-libs depending on it.

--

Servus,
       Daniel