Re: gdk-pixbuf dependency in gnome-libs

On  4 Mar, James Henstridge wrote:

>>  imlib was compiled. Why can't we get rid of Imlib?
> Because we have public APIs that use GdkImlibImage.

 I've seen that but it looks to me like to progress has
 been made on slowly deprecating them and providing alternatives
 using gdk-pixbuf in the GNOME_1_2 branch. Unfortunately I really
 forgot about this issue and now it's a bit late. :(

 I would have suggested to clean up the dependencies between
 gdk-pixbuf and gnome-libs (gdk-pixbuf depends on gnome-libs)
 and let gnome-libs depend on gdk-pixbuf by moving the GNOME
 specific stuff from pixbuf to gnome-libs.

 Also is there any particular reason why we still have zvt in
 gnome-libs?

--

Servus,
       Daniel