Re: gdk-pixbuf dependency in gnome-libs

On  2 Mar, jacob berkman wrote:

>>  can someone please enlighten me? Why do we try to link
>>  against gdk-pixbug in gnome-libs without having any code
>>  referring to it and instead using this §$§!%!$ Imlib?

> where does gnome-libs try to link against gdk-pixbuf?

 Oops, what a brainfart. You're right that gnome-libs itself
 still doesn't link against gdk-pixbuf, however in my generated
 Makefile.in's the library shows up for whatever reason.
 Though some applications are using gdk-pixbuf and have still
 to link against imlib because GNOME libs do which implies linking
 against all fileformat libraries that were available at the time
 imlib was compiled. Why can't we get rid of Imlib?

--

Servus,
       Daniel