Re: GNOME CVS: gnome-core aaron

On 18 Jul 2001, Dan Winship wrote:

> > This seems like a generally useful thing
>
> It's not, really. It makes the panel hints apply to both plain GNOME and
> Ximian GNOME's panel/menu layouts, but not necessarily to anyone else's
> custom config. That doesn't seem like the sort of thing that belongs in
> GNOME CVS.

The decision to call it the "Main Menu" was discussed at length and
decided on gnome-doc-list.  While there is a good chance we may change
this name in the future, I don't think anybody should change the name
without first proposing the change to gnome-doc-list for discussion.
Realize that this terminology is used in GNOME documentation in many
places, and changing it in just one place is broken.

It also seems like a poor idea to have Ximian GNOME UI, docs, web pages,
etc. differ in terminology from that of GNOME.  Let's try to keep as much
of this sort of thing in sync as possible, not only to make our own lives
easier but also that of the users.

Dan