Re: gettext (accidental?)

Hi, Jody!

> > > I made no manual changes to the intl dir and did not notice that
> > > part of the make distcheck process seems to have upgraded things
> > > this time.  Please accept my apologies and roll back any of it.
> >
> > No problem. Things seem to work better with gettext-0.10.38 :-)
>
> What is the status of the intl dir ?  Given that the first thing
> the autogen scripts do is wipe its contents is there a good reason
> to have it as a virtual module ?

I believe that gettext is not at that point yet. Things actually change
between the releases. The libraries will have to be updated to use
AM_GNOME_GETTEXT(use-libtool) instead of AM_GNOME_GETTEXT. Chinese (big-5)
strings containing the chinese for "allow" are written differently.

My reaction would be very different if something like that happened 2
weeks before GNOME-2.0 release.

What needs to be done is better permission control in GNOME CVS and
improving gettext to be more "versionable" and more CVS- and
Automake-friendly.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin