Re: control center plans, etc.

On Mon, Jul 02, 2001 at 10:30:28AM -0400, Alex Larsson wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Jun 2001, Sean Middleditch wrote:
>
> > Taking a bit from KDE, and given those new gnome-vfs plugins with SMB
> > support, an SMB config capplet for them would be spiffy, too.
>
> For the gnome-vfs smb module no configuration is needed.

Perhaps it would be cool to have a set of gnome-vfs "mounts" - basically a
set of bookmarks that were accessible easilly from Nautilus and from the
common file dialog.

> > BTW, does gnome-vfs support the popping up of dialogs or whatnot when
> > authentication is needed and not provided in the URI or application?
>
> Not yet, but it is being worked on.

There is callback support that Mike Fleming implemented. The gnome-vfs side
of this has gone in already, but we're waiting for Nautilus 1.0.4 to be spun
before landing the Nautilus side.

Perhaps it would be good to have default implementations of these callbacks /
dialogs in libgnomeui?

Ian