xml-i18n-tools usage

I wanted to convert gnome-core and gnome-utils to use xml-i18n-tools.
There are lots of .desktop and .directory files, which in the case of
conversion will be easier to translate. However, all kinds of freezes
are in effect, so I want to ask first, isn't it too late to do such
thing.

control-center is also prepared for using xml-i18n-tools, carlos has a
patch... But both control-center and gnome-core have .directory and
.soundlist files, which are possible to merge properly only with
xml-i18n-tools macro which I just today checked in (and I didn't have
right to do so because I'm not maintainer ;()

So, I want to know exact policy what I can do, and what I'd better not
waste time on.
The real quostion: is it more important to have correctly translated
menus/icons or to strictly follow the freeze status and do nothing.

Anyway, xml-i18n-tools change build system a bit, I have to change much
Makefile.am files, sometimes find & fix things not related to
internationalisation of desktop files...

--
Gediminas Paulauskas  ---  ICQ #24859336  ---  Lithuania