Re: security holes in gnome-vfs application list (was Call for file

> The programs that Seth is talking about are just the choices offered for
> opening documents of a particular type (text editors for a plain text
> document, image editors for a .jpg files, etc.). These programs aren't
> invoked automatically when you receive mail or anything like that.

I dont see what that changes. Does it matter if the user is given a cool
picture clicks on it and gets cracked or whether it is automated ?

A user assumes that the system is shipped in a secure manner, in the same
way as your car comes with the break pedal connected, rather than coming
with a break pedal and an optional break pedal enabled configuration feature

Alan