Re: GNOME CVS: gnome-libs martin

Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com> writes:

> gnomecvs cvs gnome org (Gnome CVS User) writes:
> > 2001-02-26  Martin Baulig  <baulig suse de>
> >
> > * gnome-stock.c: Back to the API described below.
> >
> > * gnome-stock.h
> > (GnomeStockPixmapEntryWidget, GnomeStockPixmapEntryGPixmap): Removed.
> > (GnomeStockPixmapEntryImlib): Renamed to GnomeStockPixmapEntryPixbuf.
> > (GnomeStockPixmapEntryImlibScaled): Renamed
> > to GnomeStockPixmapEntryPixbufScaled.
> >
> > (GnomeStockPixmapEntryAny): Removed `width' and `height' fields;
> > added `ref_count' and `pixbuf'.
> >
> > (gnome_stock_pixmap_register, gnome_stock_pixmap_change,
> > gnome_stock_pixmap_checkfor, gnome_stock_transparent_window,
> > gnome_stock_pixmap_gdk): Replaced `const char *subtype' argument
> > with `GtkStateType state'.
> >
> > * gnome-stock.h: Put this back to the API of GNOME 1.x.
> > - reverted to the state of gnome-libs stable.
> > - removed USE_NEW_GNOME_STOCK conditional; only use the
> > USE_NEW_GNOME_STOCK code.
> >
> > * gnome-stock.[ch]: Tagged them as `before-martin-reverted-it'.
>
> Can someone summarize the plan here? Why revert to stable branch, then
> change the API again?

That was the result of a short conversation with George on IRC; the idea
was to revert the API back to GNOME 1.x (in the header file), but keep the
current implementation (in the source file) so that we'll have all the
pixbuf stuff etc.

The resulut of this little hack from me is (if you want to look at it, you
should use "cvs log", I committed several times step-by-step to make it more
clear what has changed) a GnomeStock which has almost the API from GNOME 1.x
with a few, required changed, but the most of the current implementation so
that we are using gdk-pixbuf and not imlib.

--
Martin Baulig
martin gnome org (private)