Re: Call for file types for Nautilus (act fast, ignore duplicate of this :)

On Sat, Feb 24, 2001 at 12:15:56PM -0500, Alan Cox wrote:
> Whoa careful. You shouldnt have a single application listed that has not
> been verified for security holes. Otherwise you are going to get a lot
> of users being given interesting mime objects.

In any case, how many mime lists do I need on my system?

What happened to /etc/magic as the single repository for file type
information, years ago?

I'd rather see "magic" extended than this mess.  Then I can have
a single place to say, no, don't run "uudecode" automatically
(for examle; SunOS 3.x shipped with a "uudecode" mail alias as
standard!).

In the meantime, I hope gimp scripts can't read or write files :-)

Lee

--
Liam Quin - Barefoot in Toronto - liam holoweb net - http://www.holoweb.net/
Ankh: irc.sorcery.net www.valinor.sorcery.net irc.gnome.org www.advogato.org