Re: GNOME 2.0 planning: A longer range roadmap

One thing I want to add to what Havoc said here, is:

The argument that some people seem to be making here is: "They got to
work on GTK+-2.0 for 2 years. Why can't we work on gnome-libs for 2
years? It's not fair!"

Well, true, it might be not be fair, but the work on GTK+-2.0 was
started 2 years ago, and is basically complete now. To get out a
GNOME-2.0 in a timely fashion, we have to take what we've been
working on:

  GTK+-2.0, gnome-vfs, bonobo, libxml2, GConf...

Do a little polishing to make them into a reasonably consistent devel
platform and cap it at that. We can't afford to embark on new major
development platform projects at this point.

Major development needs to be parallelized and started early.

Regards,
                                        Owen