Re: Suggestion for the News site

hi,

Since I have posted a story or two onto Gnotices and done a  little bit
of content update on the main website, I feel entitled to an opinion on
this subject.  (how many who will ever see it is another question since
I am yet to be allowed onto gnome-hackers :)

Anyway, I agree with Havoc's comment about the main problem with the
gnome website is the
content not the layout, many parts of the GNOME website is horrible
unmaintained; a good example was the GNOME Office website which until I
recently adopted it had stayed stale for what I think must be around a
year.

On the other hand I think that the work on a new website lead by Joakim
doesn't really conflict with the need for updated/more content since it
both plans to easy content addition (wml isn't really intuitive) and the
people interesting in doing php coding for gnome.org isn't nessesarily
the same as the ones willing to maintain some content.

I agree with Daniel that the problem with Gnotices though is it's
instability so I hope James suggestion for a upgrade is taken action
upon. Even if we plan on replacing Gnotices, having it work better for
the months until a replacement might be ready I think is worth the time
to upgrade.
Using mod_virgule is something I am more sceptical to due to many of the
same reasons as others have mentioned before me.

Christian Schaller