Re: Lack of underlined accelerators in stock buttons

rms39 columbia edu (Russell Steinthal) writes:

> Aren't <enter> and <escape> set as the accelerators for Yes/No, OK/
> Cancel?  Or are those a different type of shortcut?

<enter> is no such shortcut; it just activates the default widget,
which right now happens to be the last button in the dialog unless you
explicitly set it to something else.

<escape> is bound to a callback that closes the dialog, and
gnome-dialog returns some magic value in that case which your
application almost always parses to "no/cancel".

The problem is that I cannot hit Y or N to use a yes/no dialog, and it
sucks.  It is much easier to hit that than to tab to the appropriate
button and hit Enter.

  Federico