Re: $(OBJECTS), built_sources, and automake bugs

On Sat, 2001-12-29 at 18:45, Tom Tromey wrote:
> Just define BUILT_SOURCES instead.
> In the past people avoided BUILT_SOURCES because it introduced a
> `Makefile: $(BUILT_SOURCES)' dependency, which has weird effects.
> That's no longer the case; BUILT_SOURCES should be safe now.

	Woah - horay; that dependency really didn't help ORBit2 whose source
tree included the IDL compiler needed to build some of the files inside
the project ( which were in BUILT_SOURCES ) - I forget how / if we
solved the problem in the end.

	Good. Makes the pain of 1.5 more bearable perhaps,

		Michael.