Re: Communications in Projects...

Exactly correct....

One of the lessons the IETF teaches in their "Welcome to the IETF"
course is that face to face meetings can be very useful, but
decisions should not be ratified without referring the topics to
the mailing lists.

So this is the natural extension of this principle to open source
projects, where there may be a group working intensively on a topic in
a corporate setting where face to face meetings are easy.

If your ideas or sound, referring suggested solutions to mailing lists
won't take long, and will tend to catch the unsound decisions, above
and beyond allaying suspicions.

And if you can't explain your ideas in cogent mail messages, it is
probably not time to be writing code yet :-).
				- Jim

Jim Gettys
Cambridge Research Laboratory
Compaq Computer Corporation