Re: Gnome-speech

Hi Marc,

On Mon, 10 Dec 2001, Marc Mulcahy wrote:
> I have the humble beginnings of a project I preliminarily called
> gnome-speech, which defines the general Bonobo-based interfaces to the
> speech synthesis and eventually possibly the speechDictation engines.

        This is really great - it's wonderful to see the work the
accessibility guys have been doing with atk/gail/at-spi and festival
working together; but it'd be great to have a standard interface for this
instead of some ugly writing to a magic port hacks :-)

> This project also currently contains two sample implementations.  I
> would like to add this project to cvs as module "gnome-speech", and
> would also appreciate any comments and feedback regarding this idea.

        Sounds great.

> Also, where should the OAF and IDL interfaces be defined in terms of
> the GNOME namespace?

        I can reserve the GNOME::Speech namespace for you if that seems
reasonable ? I've registered that in libbonobo/doc/NAMESPACE for you.

        Regards,

                Michael.