Re: Tim Ney joins the foundation

On 22 Aug 2001, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> Today we announced that we've hired Tim Ney as Director of the GNOME
> Foundation. Lots of people already know Tim from his work with the FSF

	I'd just like to mention that I personaly am particularly pleased
that Tim will be involved with GNOME and the foundation.

	Of course while his skills as a fund raiser and astute money
manager will doubtless be much appreciated by the foundation, there is
more:

	Tim's wealth of experience, just to touch on a few points. My
contact with Tim has mostly been through the FSF at tradeshows, where he
has for several years been promoting Gnome under the GNU banner. He is
intelligent and sensitive at handling people, is highly personable, easy
to get on with _and_ committed to the ethics of software Freedom. He has
both experience with, and an in depth knowledge of Gnome - and has plugged
it to all and sundry, from New York bankers, to Korea's Samsung with both
vigor and enthusiasm.

	Quite apart from this his talents as a movie producer will no
doubt be of great value when we come to negotiating the film rights for:

	"Gnome the neverending (unfrozen) story" :-)

	Great to have you on the team Tim,

		Michael.