Re: file-sel API issues

Hye

I found your component very cool (and I don't agree with the de-componentization, bur never mind) and I decided to give it a try. I found galeon a good candidate for that, and I go to work.
The result  is really fine and I come to you with some issues.
In your doc you let hears that the component will deal with the fullpath but when using it for saving a file, I only get back a local file (without the directory) even if I changed it.

ex.
SaveAs with default dir /home/rcoscali. I enter portal.html in the name entry. The string I get (after <ok>) is 'portal.html' (and as galeon was launched from /u4/galeon/.... the file is saved as /u4/galeon/.../portal.html. The same occurs if I change directory with the filesel component (in /tmp for example).

Is it a candidate for a bug ... or have I to get a property (and then there is something I missed) ?
Note that for reading, the behaviour is as expected.

Thanks

jacob berkman wrote:
[ already sent to gnome-2-0-list and gnome-components-list, but i've
gotten no responses so i am resending here ]

hello,

i've started using bugzilla (gnome-file-selector module) for the
file-selector.  i've assigned the 0.2 milestone to finishing some of the
crappy api issues.

i think i know how i want to resolve these issues, and i have entered my
thoughts today after thinking about it for a day and looking at kde's
file selector (both API and using it).  but i do want comments from
others.

so i am inviting people to comment on bugs listed in the query linked
from here:

http://bug-buddy.org/gnome-file-selector/#outstanding-api

thanks.

jacob

--
 		   Remi Cohen-Scali
<Remi Cohen-Scali com> 		<rcoscali rcsnet net>