Re: http://widget.gnome.org:8484/gnome-news/

On 29 Apr 2001, Iain wrote:

> On 29 Apr 2001 17:36:42 -0400, Elliot Lee wrote:

> Could we get nicer icons? Without the big black areas?

I remember Joakim saying something about this on IRC once.  The conversion
from a proper alpha channel to 1-bit alpha seems to have been done as a
simple threshold, so the nice alpha blended shadows came out as black
blobs.

We probably can't use the PNGs with alpha channels as is, since netscape 4
screws them up so badly.  But if someone did a better conversions, it
would be trivial to update.

James.

--
Email: james daa com au