Re: File Dialog

On Fri, Apr 13, 2001 at 04:07:25AM +0200, Christian Meyer wrote:
> Thanks.
> For me it lacks:
> * a bookmark icon, where you can DIRs, URLs a.s.o (that one in kde
>   file selector isn't bad)
> * a sidebar, like the M$ fileselector has
> * some sort of navigation buttons
> * a button where you go quickly to the home DIR
> * maybe a reload button for updating the DIR content

IMHO, reload buttons should really /never/ be needed, esp. for local
filsystems -- a kernel-level filesystem notification system should
provide updates toall views of various directories or files.  The user
shouldn't have to worry whether the computer is giving an accurate view
of the current state :-P

> Additionally it should have image preview. Nautilus widgets can be
> used for that purpose.

I think this is rather limited in view -- we have this great component
system, we should take advantage of it.  It should definitely have a
preview pane (optional), but it should be ble to preview any type of file
that a viewer exists in the system.

	- Vlad