Re: automake help request ...

Michael> 	So, I really want something like:
Michael> NO_DIST = Bonobo-stubs.c ...

In automake 1.4 there is no automatic way to do this.

However it is still easy to do.  Write a `dist-hook' which removes the
NO_DIST files from the dist directory.  This is documented somewhere,
either the automake manual or the goat book; I forget.

Michael> So - anyone got an easy way of excluding files from a release
Michael> that are part of the source needed to be built [ NB. adding
Michael> features to automake is the obvious solution, but this is
Michael> IIRC impossible ].

Yeah, don't privately hack automake.  We already have enough problems
with that.

In automake 1.5 (and cvs automake -- which is currently broken btw)
you'll be able to write:

    foo_SOURCES = ...
    nodist_foo_SOURCES = ...

... to specify that some sources should be dist'd and some shouldn't be.

Tom