Re: replacement for batteryapplet in GNOME 2.0

> This is a suggestion to replace the battery-applet in gnome-applet for
> the much nicer battstat-applet on http://battstat.sourceforge.net
>
> Is there a list for discussions like this that this should be redirected
> to?

I think we should just contact the author of battstat, and ask him if
he would mind maintaining battstat in the GNOME CVS.  Or have us work
together with him to provide translations (which would be the main
reason to put it on the GNOME CVS).

But sure, we should be using that battery applet.  To avoid breaking
existing setups, we just need to ship a .gnorba file in battstat that
would have the same ID as the old one.

Best wishes,
Miguel.