Re: The state of our web site and standards

Daniel said:

>  I did annoy people for the first 15-20mn because i considered
>that generating different set of pages based on the user-Agent
>and using the following at the authoring level
>
>--------------
><?php create-header() ?>
><h1> my beautiful content</h1>
><?php create-footer() ?>
>--------------

I agree with Daniel, partly because this doesn't solve the need to
produce accessible content.  Since our roadmap calls for accessible
access to *standard* user agents,  a blind (for instance) user may well
be using nautilus as user agent, in which case gnome.org pages that
don't comply with w3c accessibility guidelines may still be largely
inaccessible.  Just because the user agent is accessible doesn't mean
that it can automagically make opaque content accessible.

-Bill

------
Bill Haneman x19279
Gnome Accessibility / Batik SVG Toolkit