Re: EEL vs. GAL

Miguel,

What is the rationale for using GPL versus LGPL. I have always considered that GNOME
followed a plan to use LGPL for libraries and runtime services. I guess you do not
see GAL becoming a part of the GNOME platform.

This is an important point if we want to see GNOME become a platform used by a broad
group of developers - including non-GNU open source as well as commercial ISV's.
GPL'd libraries cannot be used by a broad community.

If we want to recruit more GNOME hackers, we need to enlarge the community to include
other open source groups and ISV's.

I suggest very strongly that you reconsider using LGPL for GAL.

Rgds
John