Re: glib 1.2, glib docs, and glib 2.0

On Fri, Dec 01, 2000 at 12:54:37AM +0500, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
> It'd be great if g_basename() returned a const gchar *. Not only does
> this serve as a great way to see whether or not I'm responsible for
> freeing the return value (makes a great way to double check your
> assumptions when reading the docs or function prototypes) but also would
> help catch stupid mistakes as gcc will complain if you try and assign a
> const pointer to a non-const, etc.

I'd also spend some time fixing stuff like this, as I've noticed a
number of places where things should be const (along with libxml,
which in a number of places has functions where the return value is
const xmlChar *, and yet the documentation explicitly asks me to free
the value...)

--
Ian Peters
itp helixcode com