Re: Bugzilla summary

Ali Abdin <aliabdin aucegypt edu> writes:

> * Daniel Veillard (Daniel Veillard w3 org) wrote at 01:33 on 20/11/00:

> >   I have a question but I don't know if it pertains to 7) or 8).
> > What I most use bugs.gnome.org for is that, as maintainer of gnome-xml,
> > I bookmarked the associated page
> >   (http://bugs.gnome.org/db/pa/lgnome-xml.html for this specific module)
> > and visit it on a regular basis to check for new problems reported.
> > Then of course I follow the links to the individual tickets...
> >
> > I could not find the equivalent on the current bugzilla setup, and I'm
> > wondering if it's due to not having the full configuration up yet or
> > as 7) may suggest I need to make a specific  action to get gnome-xml
> > module listed from the big bugzilla top form.
> >
> > I'm also wondering if the existing bugs.gnome.org interface is gonna die
> > in the process or if both will work on the same bug database.

We are going to move all the bugs over with the same bug numbers and
have a basically compatible mail interface at least for submission,
but beyond that I think the old interface will just vanish - I don't
see it being worth the effort to emulate it on top of the Bugzilla
setup.

> In bugzilla you can boomark a "query"....
>
> To get all the bugs that are "assigned" to me in Bugzilla, I logged in,
> clicked on the 'My Bugs' link at the bottom of the page, and then I bookmark'd
> this page (which I can now access whenever).
>
> Alternatively, you do not have to log-in, just go make a query, search for all
> bugs assigned to you, then bookmark that page. Or you could make a query for
> all gnome-xml bugs, and then bookmark that instead...or whatever query you
> want really.

There is also the ability to save a query which you can select later
from the query screen - I suppose the advantage of this over a
bookmark is:

 - You can use it from machines where you don't have your bookmarks
 - It is perhaps more robust against URL-format changes

But bookmarking should work as well and is certainly faster to get to.

Regards,
                                        Owen