Re: CVS policy

Daniel Veillard <Daniel Veillard w3 org> writes:

>   I wonder how many people are in need of ACL or ACL like mechanism
> for large CVS base. As W3C CVS base maintainer this is one of my major
> issues with CVS right now. Pointers on existing solutions would be
> appreciated. But ACL are not users friendly, I far prefer having
> the commit policy written in the HACKING file of a project than relying
> on obstrusive system enforcement (unless very cleanly integrated).

Well, basically we have ACLs, we just don't use them.

Also, I think we don't really need them, module maintainers normally read
over cvs-commits-list for their module and check whether there's something
weird going on and if somebody really misbehaves, it's much better to just
terminate his CVS account than to burden the whole community with ACLs.

--
Martin Baulig
martin gnome org (private)