Re: gnome-libs patch

Hi George,

George writes:
|A very simple bugfix patch.  I'm trying to fix up the hints issues with the
|panel vs. sawfish.  This is one part of the problem.  The other will be
|sorting out the sawfish stuff.  Apparently even with this patch, sawfish will
|not listen to the pleas for change of the hints for a window.

What is the exact problem? The gnome-hints code in sawfish doesn't
listen for any property changes, but the spec on developer.gnome.org
has no such requirement! All the listed client messages to change state
should work correctly.

(the spec gives no way to change _WIN_HINTS after the window has first
been mapped)

	John