Re: Bugzilla - getting the import scripts done

Russell Steinthal <steintr rsteinthal i001 law columbia edu> writes:

> On 17 Dec 2000 21:01:26 +0100, Martin Baulig wrote:
>
> >2.) Create an alias-style file of <maint> aliases, this'll be
> >    something like this:
> >
> >        gnome-core-maint: jirka 5z com, whoever else wants here
> >        libgtop-maint: baulig suse de
> >
> >    etc.
> >
> >    For the moment, it's enough to send me a list of which such
> >    adresses we need, I'll redirect them all into a very big file
> >    on widget.gnome.org anyways until the bugs are imported (so that
> >    you don't get several 1000 mails).
>
> Does this mean we're losing the dynamic MAINTAINERS <--->
> package-maint gnome org aliases?  Or is this just an unrelated
> Bugzilla-ism?

We can add them back later on.

For the moment, we need an initial, static mapping to create the bugzilla
accounts for these addresses. The current MAINTAINERS setup doesn't work
with this since we may get products/components which have no corresponding
GNOME module in CVS - also, it doesn't work with different versions/branches.

So to keep things simple, what I'd like to have here is just an alias-style
file of aliases - to keep the dynamic mapping, we can for instance add some
sanity checks and put that file into CVS.

--
Martin Baulig
martin gnome org (private)