RE: RE: Skins for gnome

jos van riswick wrote:

yes I know about that, one can change the colors, the
form of the buttons etc. However, what I was looking for is a
means to design the layout of the panel, like is possible
with FvwmButtons. Here it's possible to put buttons and
pixmaps on specified locations, and thus one can completely
design the apperance. That would be also nice for gnome maybe.

best regards

jos

You are aware, of course, of the existance of GTK themes and the fact
that the panel is nothing more than a container for applets which you
can move and swap to your heart's content, right?  The gnome panel is
one of the most customizable apps available.