Re: add more colors

On Mon, Sep 17, 2001 at 05:27:32PM -0700, Kanchan Wadhwa wrote:
> I am a new gnome user. Does anybody help me adding more colors to my gnome
> 1.4. I have Solaris 8 running with gnome GUI. My application runs out of
> color every time I try to run it.

I presume you mean you have an 8-bit display (sadly, most Suns have
downright horrible framebuffers). The problem is not that Gnome lacks
colours but that gnome uses too many and your display runs out of pens.

Cut out all possible pixmaps, use sub-8-bit icons, pick a good, spartan
theme, don't use a background image/gradient...

Is it just me or was imlib infinitely better at rendering to low number
of available colours than gdk-pixbuf is?