Re: Panel UI - startmenu productivity thoughts

Hi,

I just discovered, that in Win2K, the Folders in the startmenu in fact
already have a function if clicked. -- Well hidden -- if you
double-click on them the Explorer launches and the clicked Folder opens
(and you can manage the Startmenu from there)

Currently the startmenu is managed via the gnome-menu editor. I'm
thinking of adding a new View to Nautilus File manager (maybe even a
gnome-vfs module - *investigating*), to have startmenumanagement in the
filemanager too.
On irc seth told me that just this feature is planned for Gnome 2.0 or
the next bigger Nautilus release, but nobody is working on it yet?

If this is true and ok I'll invest my time and effort to add this View
to Nautilus.

My question to the gui list - if this feature is already planned - are
there already concrete thoughts how this view should look like and work
(from the userinterface side). Otherwise I'd keep the "interface" close
to the Explorer-Way, which already works since Windows 95 :)

ciao,
domi.