Mousewheel activating widgets

Hello,

Something that annoys me in the Gnome and Java Swing UIs is that the
scrollwheel found on modern mice can be used to activate various widgets.

For Gnome those widgets include menus (except the Gnome foot), tabs (both
plain Gtk tabs and the tab-like widgets in Nautilus), the zoom widget in
Nautilus and the throbber in Nautilus. Also buttons, checkboxes, etc. can be
selected using the mousewheel.

Is there any policy for this (planned)? Should I perhaps start filing bug
reports on the individual cases?

- Jonas