Re: UI Guidelines: Dialogs (2nd draft)

Liam Quin wrote:

> * a dialogue box should do one thing. Don't try and put too much
>   functionality on one screen at once. Use notebook tabs if necessary.

I agree that dialogs should be minimalistic, but avoid the overuse of notebook
tabs where multiple dialogs would be more appropriate.

> * the dialogue should read (for Western users) left to right,
>   top to bottom.  Assume people will fill in a field and then move
>   down a line.
>   (ideally, pressing return would take you to each field or control
>   in order, then to the do-it button, then activate the button)

Unfortunately, Enter activates the OK button on Windows and Gnome tends to have
picked this up.  I'd like to see it move between entries as well.

--
Michael T. Babcock (PGP: 0xBE6C1895)
http://www.fibrespeed.net/~mbabcock/