Re: Reprise of the panel layout proposal

What about a history of changes when you log on to
GNOME? If some user makes a mess he will notice
*something* I gess and when he logs back in next
time he can correct it.

Now you are asked if you want to keep the changes
(well, limited but grossly similar) when you log off.
This seems backwards to me. Wouldn't it be better to
start with a question
  "Do you want to resume?"
or
  "Continue last session?"

This wouldn't be more than a checkbox in the log-on box.

If the user screws up he notes someting is wrong, logs off
and logs back in without continuing the last session.

It could also be taken a step further with versions
of the sessions, possibly with some gui to set explicitt
names on some of the sessions.

John