Re: Reprise of the panel layout proposal

----- Original Message -----
From: "James Ramsey" <jjramsey_6x9eq42 yahoo com>

> --- Gerry Chu <gerry-list gerrychu com> wrote:
> > I think it looks pretty slick. And I like the
> > Programs/System seperation.
>
> I don't. "System" is too vague.

What's vague about it? Anything that controls how your computer system works or anything that
works with basic system services should be in the System menu. I suppose you could make it the
Computer menu, but I don't know if that would be any more clear.

I hate extra levels of navigation in menus -- I don't care how sub-menus are implemented. To me,
having one big catch-all menu with everything smashed into it is bad, bad, bad. I've never liked
the Windows Start Menu and anything that works just like it doesn't sit well with me.

Now here's a thought -- make it an option which menu system it should use, so you can switch
between one big main menu and two smaller "Programs" and "System" menus at the touch of a
button. Uh oh, more options...maybe that's not such a good idea after all!

TTYL,

Jared