[no subject]

* applet / panel applet
Some time ago, someone on usability-list mentioned that usability studies
showed that the "applet" terminology was confusing (confusion with Java
applets). "Panel applet" was suggested for those cases where the context
could be uncertain (i.e if you right-click on the panel, it would only
need to be "applet", but in other cases "panel applet"). The wordlist
does not mention this, maybe it should?

* folder / directory
An even longer time ago, there was a big discussion on gnome-gui-list on
the pros and cons of "folder" versus "directory" in the UI. If I remember
correctly the discussion finally ended on "folder" being preferred by more
people for various reasons. Currently, the state in GNOME regarding this
terminology is very inconsistent - some apps use folder, others use
directory. I think a decision on this is very much needed to be in the
word list if it is to be used as a GNOME terminology guideline...

Christian