Re: VERY cool UI fix (long but hopefully interesting)

There are some X11 protocol design mistakes that makes it painful to
reliably figure out where input focus is.  I believe it can be done,
but is much harder than it ought to be for toolkit builders. Sorry...

However, I object to people working around bugs unless absolutely
necessary: if there are real bugs in this area (where the servers aren't
doing what the X11 protocol demands), those servers should get fixed/upgraded
rather than working around the bugs forever.  Remember: due to Linux's
success, a high fraction of X servers get upgraded every year, and so we
should get the bugs fixed rather than suffering forever.  This is a change
over, say, 5 years ago, where X servers were mouldering on UNIX workstations
and getting bugs fixed were painful and hard due to a very long product
cycle.

> Note that this don't use the leave event which is broken on a lot of
> X-servers.

                              - Jim