revisiting the "Color Reactiveness" concept

Hi,

I got an email earlier today that sparked my memory back to the discussions of a 3 years ago about the concept adding Color Reactiveness as a (unique?) feature of the GNOME desktop.

the discussion threads can be found at:

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-gui-list/1998-May/thread.html

I don't know if anything was ever done about this but I was wondering if the concept is possibly worth revisiting?

I think that if we could come up with a good design and policy on adding Color Reactiveness (or a similar concept) to GNOME apps, we might be on a winner there.

I guess a similar feature now in Windoze is the flashing of the icon in the taskbar if a window has changed.

cheers,
Paul