Re: Terminology

> > > - Directory/Folder
> >
> > Both of Evolution and Nautilus use "folder". This is also what the Windows
> > and MacOS environments use, so it seems that "folder" is preferred to
> > make the terminology more consistent.
>
> Point taken, but let me make the counter-argument. Most old Unix
> programs still use "directory", and it will be some time (if ever)
> before users stop having to interact with those. For the sake of
> consistency with the rest of Unix we should be using "directory".

In the real world, folders are things that contain other files, whilst
directories are something you look into like a telephone directory. My
point is the user will already be familiar with the concept "folder"
from real world experience and it would be easier to maintain
consistency with the "Real world" than merely "Unix".