Re: Gimp-style menus

<quote who="colin z robertson">

> The
> first is about the status of Gimp-style menus accessible via a
> right-click on the document. Should these be encouraged or discouraged
> in the guidelines? To what extent are they appropriate?

These are context menus, and - appropriately - should be encouraged. Within
the right context. :)

One thing that should be made very clear though, is that overuse of the
context menu is *bad*. I've found that KDE goes way overboard on the use of
menus, especially when putting inappropriate things into context menus.

If it makes direct contextual sense, excellent. Otherwise, it's mess.

- Jeff

--
  You'll see what I mean.