Re: Suggestion for a new UI feature.

On 04-Apr-2001 Adrian wrote:

> On Wed, 4 Apr 2001 thristian atdot org wrote:
>
>> [...]
>>
>> Anyone else think this is a good idea?
>>

> Hummm... yes, it would be useful to have the libraries implementing a
> standarised abstraction of the events&states concept on the gui. Perhaps
> very connected with the most-used-item technology we disscussed some
> months ago, which could be seen like states of the items in the menus and
> bars...

How about a "background tasks" display area.  I'm thinking something along the
lines of a gnome applet, built into the panel or something, which displays the
color/icon changing displayed there.  This way when I start galeon loading a
page in desktop 4 I can see it finish while I'm coding on desktop 1.  Multiple
background loading tasks could be handled with tooltips, or the number of tasks
left printed.  I'm thinking this could be done similarily to the way that PAN
does it, with a x/y display.

Just an idea.  Anyone else got any brainstorming on this subject?

--
Alan <alan ufies org> -=][=- http://arcterex.net
By trying we can easily learn to endure adversity.  Another man's, I mean.