Re: Programmers, how many pieces?

Kevin Cullis wrote:

> When it comes to programming for GNOME, how many "pieces" of programs
> does a single action affect?  By that I mean, when I select from the
> File menu the Print command, how many "levels" or "pieces" of programs
> does that action affect?  The idea is to find out what's the maximum
> number that a programmer needs to be concerned about.
>
> The same goes for Menus, Toolbar, Statusbar, Content Area, Dialogs,
> Keys, Mouse, Drag and Drop.

For most simple actions in my programs, none or one.  I like modular
software.

When I say 'none', I mean, if you select Print, it just opens the Print
dialog, it doesn't actually have any real effect.  I use multi-window
design so you can keep working in one while another is doing something.
--
Michael T. Babcock, C.T.O. FibreSpeed
http://www.fibrespeed.net/~mbabcock