RE: UI Guidelines - try Raskin ("Humane Interface")

Title: RE: UI Guidelines - try Raskin ("Humane Interface")

Yep... I just read it last week. Great book.
Not as sure about the "zoomeable interface" as about the rest, but perhaps...
As for the "select any word anywhere and hit a button to use it as a command"... I was thrilled about it, since I had been working on something very similar (albeit for an editor, and not as an OS-wide standard).

The part about using the other (previous) co-selections at the arguments to the command was a great idea, though, that I hadn't thought of.

Towards the ANaL interface (Almost NAtural Language)... enough of kewel acronyms... let's have some consciously uncool ones!