Re: Running vs starting apps

<quote who="Calum Benson">

> Alan wrote:
>
> > In a way I think that desktops should take on an entirely new direction.  I
> > mean *completely* different.  Throw it all out and start again!
>
> Microsoft Bob, anyone?  :o)

Hahaha. Calum, on an HCI list, that's almost as bad as bringing up...
Hitler.  ;)

I'm a very happy WIMP hater, and always look to see if there's something
around that might replace this silly, confusing, and antiquated way of
working. That's not to say it doesn't have its place though. :)

A few things that have caught my eye are: <buzzword>Embedded
systems</buzzword> software and 'information appliance' interfaces,
LifeStreams, and what MS is pukefully calling 'digital dashboards'.

Food for thought. :)

- Jeff

-- jdub aphid net ----------------------------- http://lazarus.aphid.net/ --

    Ye shall be cursed to fall in love so easily, and yet be so cold of
                       heart as never to express it.