Re: User interface suggestions
- From: "Michael Beurskens" <beursken uni-duesseldorf de>
- To: "Kevin Cullis" <kevincu orci com>
- Cc: <gnome-gui-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: User interface suggestions
- Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 14:45:41 +0100
> Do they change as they are used? What will you tell a user when he
> asks why an icon changed its font "magically"? Surprise. We have
> people that find icon changes weird, imagine then: "My CDROM icon has
> changed name again, and now is bold font too". Does the change worth
> the surprise?
What about MS-style (Windows 2000, Windows ME) bubble-help?
I.e. if the features is activated for the first time a speech-bubble
appears, telling something like
"Why has my icon suddenly turned bold?
Gnome automatically detects your favorite items.
If you use an item a lot it will turn bold so you can spot it easily."
About theme support: There should be an option in the theme-definition to
define what "frequently used" items should look like (bold face, color,
] [Thread Prev