Re: (no subject)

john erling blad aftenposten no (2000-11-16 at 1137.22 +0100):
> IRC channels? I don't belive this will work. They (users) will get an
> answare
> but not within acceptable time limits. It could allthough be used as a means
> build initial frameworks for a better help system.

You should try irc.gimp.org. At least, until this day, people get nice
replies and fast (and not only about gnome).

> Perhaps... Imagine some kind of web-faq where qualified persons could
> easilly
> fill in answares to questions collected from help systems.. With sections
> for
> keywords, different languages, different skill levels..

IIRC, someone proposed that the IRC info become that webfaq (web...
any medium please, DocBook, like the rest of docs). I think the human
approach is better, it is a two way talk until the exact problem is
expecified and the solutions given.

The problem I see is once IRC becomes famous, no idea about what will
happen then.

GSR